~ ¼ cup sugar
~ 2 cups cream
~ 1 tsp of vanilla oil
~ 4 egg yolks
- Preheat oven 160 degrees C.
- Place cream, vanilla oil, ¼ cup sugar and egg yolks in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Stir (not whisk) continuously until well blend.
- Pour mixture into 6-8 ramekins depending on size. (Note: I do not happen to have ramekins at home thus I used these cheap-looking metal container instead - does anyone knows where to get these ramekins for cheap?)
- Place ramekins into cake pan or roasting pan and pour enough hot water into the pan (NOT into the ramekins!) to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake the ramekins for 40 to 45 minutes. Crème brulee should be firm yet jelly-like in the centre.
- Remove ramekins from the oven and refrigerate them for AT LEAST 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- To serve, remove the crème brulee and spread evenly a teaspoon of sugar on top of each. Using a torch, caramelise the sugar to form a burnt crispy top. Allow the crème brulee to sit for 5 minutes before serving.